Why can’t Dwight Howard play like this every night for the Philadelphia 76ers?More from Section 215
- Philadelphia Flyers: Claude Giroux has picked up right where he left off
- Sixers: With Tobias Harris out, watch forward Ben Simmons very closely
- Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Fantasy Baseball Preview – Pitchers
- Recent mock draft has the Philadelphia Eagles taking Jaylen Waddle
- Philadelphia Phillies: 3 biggest strengths to look forward to in 2021
When news broke that the Dallas Mavericks would be without Kristaps Porzingis, it should have been a sign that the Philadelphia 76ers would have a good game.
Sure, the Mavericks have some good frontcourt players like Willie Cauley-Stein, who are legitimate two-way NBA centers. The 35-year-old played a loose, sprightly style of basketball that was aggressively watchable and truly exemplified the style of play the Sixers should rely on when Embiid isn’t on the court and Simmons isn’t moonlighting at the five.
No, practically speaking, this was just one of those weird games where a bench player goes off, and the fans at home get to revel in a fun Philadelphia 76ers game.