As the NBA trade deadline comes near, not only should the Philadelphia 76ers’ front office be trying to figure out trade targets and potential trades, but also who will potentially be bought out after the trade deadline passes.
Porter Jr. makes sense as a buyout target for the Philadelphia 76ers. More from The Sixer Sense
- Philadelphia 76ers: Would Terry Rozier trade make sense?
- Sixers Rookie Report: Isaiah Joe struggles in G-League debut
- Philadelphia 76ers need the top seed in the East
- Philadelphia 76ers: Ranking Seth Curry as a shooting guard 2021
- Sixers’ Player of the Week: Joel Embiid continues to dominate
Despite struggling with injuries the last couple of seasons and being grossly overpaid, Porter Jr. is still a very good rotational player when healthy.
Assuming Porter Jr. can regain his health, adding him to the Philadelphia 76ers would significantly upgrade their second unit heading into the postseason.