As the Sixers began to get healthy and teams started to defend Maxey for the drive, his play began to taper off. More from The Sixer Sense
- Philadelphia 76ers: Doc Rivers for Coach of the Year?
- Sixers: Daryl Morey has earned the Executive of the Year award
- Now or never for Joel Embiid and the Sixers
- Philadelphia 76ers: Doc Rivers and the playoff bench rotation
- GRADES: Sixers lose to Pacers after dreadful second half
For the past 10 games, Maxey has averaged 10.6 points, 2.6 assists, and 0.6 turnovers. Maxey finished with 22 points, four assists, one block, and two steals, while making 7-11 shots, 2-3 from downtown shots, and 6-7 from the foul line. If Maxey continues to show the flashes of potential in the regular and postseason, the 76ers’ may not be willing to give up too much to get the veteran point guard, especially if it would cost Maxey to get the 35-year-old point guard.