More from The Sixer Sense
- Sixers: Ben Simmons should start at center if Joel Embiid can’t
- Sixers Game 4 observations: Ben Simmons not responsible for loss
- Sixers: Joel Embiid’s injury status all that matters from Game 4
- GRADES: Embiid gets hurt as Sixers drop Game 4 to Wizards
- Sixers podcast: Game 3 blowout and Joel Embiid’s fan appeal
In Game 4, of the series between the Wizards and the 76ers, Washington’s head coach Scott Brooks fully embraced the “Hack-a-Shaq” mentality with Philly’s point guard Ben Simmons. In the last three minutes of the game, Simmons was fouled four times.
Based on his post-game press conference, it seems unlikely that Rivers is going to bench Simmons in the last three minutes of a game to avoid him going to the foul line.
Hopefully, Simmons can start hitting his free throws, but the Sixers should also consider using the “Hack-a-Ben” strategy against the Wizards if Washington decides to try it in Game 5.